Mwanza University is a private university formally established in 2021 following granting of provisional license by Tanzania Commission of Universities (TCU) on 30th June 2021.
The university is an innovation of the Board of Directors of the Kingdom Business Company Limited (KBCL), established to further social services for the common good of humanity, alongside other company enterprises, namely Tandabui Institute of Health Sciences and Technology (TIHEST) and Mwananchi Hospital.
Mwanza University is building on the long-turn reputation and experience of the owners in managing healthcare and training enterprise.
- Effective governance – The university will adopt a leadership style, which is participatory, consensus- oriented, accountability, transparent, responsive, efficient, equitable and inclusive, and following the rule of law.
- Moral standards and integrity – The University will uphold and ensure accuracy, professional ethics, honesty, corporate social responsibility and human respect in pursuit of its functions.
- Transparency and accountability – The university leadership will ensure openness, team work, participatory management and answerability in decision-making and implementation of all MzU activities.
- Innovation and partnership – In performing the core functions, the University would attempt to be creative, cherish novelty and work closely with its stakeholders, including students, staff, government and private institutions, NGO’s, civil-society groups, service providers, development partners and other Universities, both local and elsewhere.
- Client satisfaction – In performing its core functions, the University would provide customers with adequate information, be transparent, use professional and friendly staff, and offer high- quality services.
Honorable Anne S Makinda Chancellor, Mwanza University
Message from the Chancellor
Heartfelt congratulations upon enrollment at Mwanza University. Where darkness prevails, life is the shipwreck about to sink. Realizing this paramount for everyone to take part in illuminating the world through quality training, research and community service. These, I am informed are your core functions, similar to all other institutions of higher learning in the country. For such a noble mission to be achieved, this university owes its existence to become a center for training and illuminating the whole world just like city on the hill. The Mwanza University is established to bring a significant impact on the higher learning education landscape nationally, regionally and internationally at large, thereby training students from diverse socioeconomic, as well as cultural backgrounds. We are committed to influence students with the love for learning, the hunger for discovery, the passion for creativity, and the burning desire to make the world a better place. The University provides friendly environments for students to pursue their dreams based on aspirations. Learning processes inside and outside the classroom take place in an attractive and peaceful environment ideal for everyone. They are virtually self-sufficient in terms of key services such as libraries, laboratories, playgrounds, hostels, lecture theatres, cafeterias and health facilities. It is safe and secure place that assures the learning goal is appropriately actualized. Now that I welcome you as First Year students, I look forward to seeing that our core values are effectively and efficiently observed and respected. I therefore urge you to intently focus on studies while remaining vigilant on what is taking place elsewhere in the world and being foresighted about what lies ahead of this fast-changing world. I admonish you above all to be creative and innovative that your vision may be realized
- Vice chancellor Prof. Flora M Fabian DDS (UDSM) PhD Anat. (Tokyo Medical & Dental University)
- Deputy Vice chancellor- Academic, Research and Consultancy (DVC-ARC)Prof. Felix n Kisanga, MD (UDSM), Msc Trop. Dis. Cont. (MUHAS), MPH (Antwerpen), PhD Pub. Heal. (Umea University)
- Deputy Vice chancellor-Planning, Finance and Administration (DVC –PFA)Prof. Jonathan L Kabigumila, B.Sc., Msc, PhD Zoology (UDSM)
Chairperson Of The Council
Dr. Charles Sokile
Message from the Chairman
Welcome to Mwanza University. I am much excited upon seeing your interest to be a part of our community, a place where your expectations intercept the excellence to yield the qualified professionals who will bring transformation and wellbeing to our societies, nations and the world at large.
Being a member of the Mwanza university means taking a vow to join the race for changes that will make the world a better place for offering the best of your gifts, careers, skills, professions and expertise to ensure the greater impact for humanity.
Our programs are designed in a way that will make learning an enjoyable and meaningful adventure while helping our students to develop their skills that will be useful and marketable enough to overcome the upcoming challenges in their career.
I believe that this journey will be foundational and memorable, and your years of studying will influence you and your world around thereby bringing you to your prescribed end. Once again, I take pleasure in welcoming you at the Mwanza University, the home of quality education with a touch of excellence.
Location and Contacts
+255 714 123 456
+255 714 123 456
For all enquiries on Admissions, Exams Details, and More
+255 714 987 654
+255 714 987 654